Friday, April 15, 2011

Writer's block

The hardest part about having a blog is maintaining it.  I get so caught up on what to write about, that I get writer’s block.  Sometimes I forget that I started this blog to practice my writing.  Now, before I write something, I think to myself “no one is going to read this” or “no one cares what you think”.  The funny thing is, no one does read this.  I started this for myself, not to create a fan base.   Yet here I am wresting with this concept of readership. 
Doing social media for work blurs the lines between the personal and the professional.  Writing just for myself seems odd when I normally write for the viewing pleasure and criticism of 10,000 followers. 
So what’s the solution? Write about my writers block in the hopes of shedding this dichotomy. Oh yeah, a little bit of rambling sprinkled with a little bit venting also helps.

1 comment:

  1. A bit of old writerly advice: write as though everyone you know is dead. :)

    ReplyDelete