Monday, March 21, 2011

Started riding again

I went mountain biking last night. It felt so good to get on the bike again. I realized that I am not as out of shape as I thought. I mean, the first two miles were killing me. But that always happens to me, even when I go for a run.

I went to McKeldin park around 6:00 and hit just a couple of trails. Nothing major, I just wanted to see where I stand. So now that I’m feeling confident, I’m looking to start biking twice a week.

While looking at the trail maps today, I noticed something interesting. It looks like there are two trail heads that exit the park. I wonder if they connect at some point . . . forming some massive loop trail. Well, there is only one way to find out. And you know what, exploration is a great motivator for biking again!


2 comments:

  1. if only you had a bigger/better map of the area....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea. I happen to know someone that has the full map.

    ReplyDelete